NYC COVID-19 Fraud Attorney
The coronavirus (COVID-19) has hit our region hard. The New York State Department of Health reports that nearly 200,000 cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in New York City alone as of the middle of May. Recently, the New York Law Journal spoke to several former state prosecutors who believe that there is about to be a surge in criminal and civil fraud cases related to the pandemic.
Mark I. Cohen is an experienced New York fraud defense lawyer. We are open and fully operational during the coronavirus outbreak. If you or someone you know is facing COVID-19-related fraud charges, we will protect your rights. For a completely confidential, no obligation consultation, please call our New York City COVID-19 fraud attorney today.
An Overview of Our Fraud Defense Practice
State and federal prosecutors are aggressively pursuing COVID-19-related fraud cases. Further, New York regulatory agencies have urged the public to report all suspected instances of fraud or misconduct. During these unprecedented times, people may run into trouble or end up on the wrong side of overzealous prosecutors or law enforcement officers. We handle a wide range of fraud and white collar criminal cases, including:
- Health Care Fraud: If you are facing health fraud charges—whether as a provider or an individual—or NYC health care fraud defense lawyer can help.
- Insurance Fraud: In New York, insurance fraud is subject to strict criminal penalties. Depending on the circumstances, it could be charged as a serious felony offense.
- Securities Fraud: The COVID-19 pandemic caused a dramatic increase in market volatility. State and federal regulators expect a sharp spike in securities fraud
- Mail & Wire Fraud: We handle all types of complex fraud cases, including those involving mail fraud charges, wire fraud charges, and conspiracy.
- Identity Theft: Our New York defense lawyer can assist clients facing identity theft charges, including credit card fraud
How Our New York COVID-19 Fraud Defense Attorney Can Help
A former prosecutor, Mark I. Cohen is committed to providing clients outstanding, solutions-focused representation. We understand how stressful and overwhelming the criminal process can be—especially in cases related to COVID-19. When you reach out to our Manhattan office, you will speak to an NYC fraud defense attorney who will:
- Conduct an in-depth assessment of your case;
- Explain the fraud charges and your legal rights;
- Investigate the case—securing all relevant evidence; and
- Craft a customized legal strategy designed to protect your rights.
Every fraud case is different. Our law firm is committed to providing personalized representation to each client. We are prepared to ask probing questions and put in the time and energy to develop the best possible defense strategy for your case.
Call Our New York City Fraud Defense Attorney for Immediate Assistance
Mark I. Cohen is a top-rated New York defense attorney. If you or your loved one was arrested on COVID-19 related fraud charges, we are here to help. To schedule a fully confidential consultation, please contact our law firm right away. From our office in Manhattan, we serve communities throughout the region, including in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Staten Island, Queens, and beyond.