NYC Robbery Lawyer
Mark I. Cohen is an experienced New York City Criminal Defense Attorney who handles robbery charges in the New York City Metropolitan courts.
Generally, robbery charges in New York State are felony level crimes. Robbery is generally defined as the theft or attempted theft of property (larceny) with either the use, or threatened use, of physical force upon another individual. Robbery in the third degree (PL 160.05) is a non-violent class D felony.
Robbery in the second degree (PL 160.10) is a class C violent felony offense which is charged when another individual is present during the robbery and when there is the actual use of force. Robbery in the second degree is also charged when the robbery causes injury to another person or the display of a firearm.
Robbery in the first degree (PL 160.15) a class B violent felony offense, involving the theft or attempted theft of property by force during which serious physical injury to another person results, or when the perpetrator(s) are armed with a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument.
Robbery in the third degree(160.05) carries a sentence of up to seven years in jail. Robbery in the second degree (PL 160.10) carries a mandatory minimum of three and one-half years in prison and a maximum of fifteen years in prison. Robbery in the first degree (PL160.15) carries a minimum of five years in prison and a maximum 25 years.
NYC Robbery Lawyer
During his 27 years of federal criminal defense practice, Mr. Cohen has mastered the procedural and substantive laws pertaining to robbery offenses.
By retaining Mark I. Cohen, an individual charged with a robbery offense can maximize the chances that:
(1) he she will be released from custody on the lowest possible amount of bail or on his or her own recognizance;
(2) he or she may be able to prevail on a motion to dismiss the indictment (if the indictment is defective);
(3) he or she may be able to suppress any evidence illegally seized by investigators (if the evidence was obtained in violation of the defendant’s rights);
(4) he or she will be able to prevail at trial;
(5) he or she will be able to obtain the best plea bargain possible should there be compelling evidence of the defendant’s guilt; and
(6) he or she will be able to receive a non-prison sentence, or which results in the lowest amount of prison time possible.
Top NYC Robbery Attorney
If you have been charged with robbery, you should contact Mark I. Cohen, an experienced New York Criminal Defense lawyer, to maximize your chances of preserving your freedom, reputation, and assets.
Schedule an Appointment
Mark I. Cohen
New York City Criminal Defense Attorney
New York, NY 10007