NYC Credit Card Fraud Lawyer
New York City Credit Card Fraud Lawyer
Mark I. Cohen is an experienced Criminal Defense Attorney in New York City who represents defendants charged with credit card fraud in the New York State Court system. Mr. Cohen first prosecuted credit card fraud as a prosecutor between 1985- 1988. Since then, Mr. Cohen has handled countless credit card fraud defense cases throughout New York City and surrounding counties.
Generally prosecutors charge a number of different New York state Penal Law sections from misdemeanors to serious felony charges for the possession and use of unauthorized credit cards. For example, it is common for a prosecutor to prosecute credit card fraud by charging such crimes as:
- Theft of services (PL 165.15);
- Unlawfully using a revoked or canceled credit or debit card to obtain property or services (PL 165.17);
- Possessing a stolen credit or debit card (PL 165.42, 165.45);
- Credit Card Grand Larceny and theft (PL 155.30, 155.35 and 155.40).
- Identity Theft Crimes (PL190.80 et al.)
During his 27 years of criminal defense practice, Mr. Cohen has mastered the procedural and substantive law pertaining to credit card fraud and has successfully defended people charged with possession, use, manufacture and theft of credit cards and identity theft. Typically, sentencing factors included the number of credit cards possessed, the amount of the theft accomplished by the use of the stolen or illegally manufactured cards; whether the defendant stole the identity of an individual to create a credit card, etc…
Charged with Credit Card Fraud in NYC?
By retaining Mark I. Cohen, the defendant maximizes the chances that:
(1) he or she will be released from custody on the lowest possible amount of bail or on his or her own recognizance;
(2) he or she may be able to prevail on a motion to dismiss the indictment (if the indictment is defective);
(3) he or she will be able to suppress any evidence illegally seized by investigators (if the evidence was obtained in violation of the defendant’s rights);
(4) he or she will be able to prevail at trial;
(5) he or she will be able to obtain the best plea bargain possible should there be compelling evidence of the defendant’s guilt; and
(6) he or she will be able to receive a non-prison sentence, or which results in the lowest amount of prison possible.
If you have been charged with a credit card or related offense in New York State, you should contact Mark I. Cohen, an experienced New York Criminal Defense lawyer with more than three decades of experience as both a prosecutor and defense lawyer, to maximize your chances of preserving your freedom, reputation, and assets.
Schedule an Appointment
Mark I. Cohen
New York City Criminal Defense Attorney
New York, NY 10007